Monday, November 28, 2005

Father

Today is my Father's birthday, and at dinner he told us that he has come to a really profound piece of wisdom. Here is what he says:

"Man Long my son, sons are the be all and end all of existence. Without sons, life is meaningless. When you get a wife, your primary concern is getting sons and protecting the family bloodline. In the future, when you are in your middle age, you may come to a crisis, in which your wife is not capable of having sons. If that is ever going to happen to you, at the moment of crisis, you are going to talk to your wife, and tell her that your very existence depends on her getting a son. At this point she may get all sentimental and tries to evoke your memory and your love to save your marriage. But you will come to me, and I will tell you that you should get rid of her. You will then get a divorce with your wife and get another one in order to get your sons. You will then realize that you have made the right decision."

That's wisdom? Then what is insanity?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My God... such a traditional father....

10:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha... reminds me of Pearl Buck's "The Good Earth"

Ray

11:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that my father has warned me about men like your father. Does your mother teach you the same?

11:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but fathers who are considerate and amiable enough to admit that it is his own fault for not having a son would never say things like that or even have that kind of mentality where having a son is the "be all and end all of existence"....

1:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home